Friday, February 6, 2009

Chanckera response BM 2

Elleshamma Walker
Feb 6,2009


In this poem this young lady was hit by her boyfriend she compares herself to her older sister because her sister got hit or beat up by all her men. So Chankera says that after he hit her she looked into his eyes and say her sister now she is in class and says that she had a late run in with her sister. I can connect this poem and this young lady to some I know because it is called "bruised love" and some girls and women are getting hurt and scared by the men they supposedly love and she is young and deserves better as her friend quoted in the text.
Chankera also uses lots of similes and metaphors in her poem. I think this poet is feeling that as she quoted in the text that "women ain't no punching bag" so she seems to upset at the fact that some boys and men think they control girls and women. I can infer that Chankera does not want to get beat on because of her actions.

1 comment:

Jenny Johns said...

Elle- this response was so insightful! Wow. I think this may be the best Chankara response I've received. I also LOVE your new blog style and font- much more readable :) Keep up the great blogging!